Tuesday 25 September 2012

The opening

I'm starting this blog mainly for three reasons. First and foremost It has been a long time since I don't post a blog entry related to movies, since my previous blog about movies reviews is closed. It was a collaborative project from the start and in the end I was the only one willing to continue, so I didn't feel I should do since it would break the spirit of the blog. Another reason is simply because my approach to movies has changed a over this time and the spirit of the first blog would not be in line with my views at the moment. Which brings me to my second reason.

The second reason why I want to create this new blog is I that I don't agree with the majority of the critics/fans ratings. It seems that there are two kinds of people rating movies: the lovers and the hatters. The first one only seem to give positive scores and the others never seem to be happy about any movie that comes out these days. The balance between these two should give the happy medium. However I believe that everyone is in fact living in the middle and that for all of us most of the movies will get a medium score and more you move to the extremes the less movies will be there. This means that the large majority of the movie rating should be a 3 out of 5 or a 5 out of ten and should not tend to either side since we don't know forehand the quality of the movies we're going to see. With this new project I'm expecting the rate most of my movies with a medium score.

Finally, the third reason is simply because I don't write blog entries in Portuguese anymore. For the better or worse I'm adopting English as my sole language for blogging. On a personal level I felt that my level of English has improved a lot since I adopted this.

Best movies to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment